At the PSU, we are passionate about helping people who would otherwise be alone in court.
We are made up of 40 staff members and over 700 dedicated volunteers, with offices across England and Wales.
- Chair: Peter Crisp - Peter is Vice Chancellor of the University of Law. He is also a qualified barrister
- Vice-Chairman: Lucas Wilson - Lucas is a banker with UBS, and is currently the Chairman of our Fundraising Committee
- Treasurer: Kirit Naik - Head of Internal Audit at ActionAid
- Elisabeth Davies - Elisabeth is the Deputy CEO of Arthritis Care and the recent Chair of the Legal Services Board's Consumer Panel
- Caroline Field - Caroline is a volunteer at PSU Liverpool. Caroline has a background in Housing and has served as a Board Director in a number of sectors.
- Peter Hancock CBE - Peter is the former CEO of HM Courts and Tribunal Service.
- Angela Camber - Angela is a volunteer at our CFC and has extensive experience in governance and non-executive capacities in the voluntary, public and statutory sectors including the LSE, British Heart Foundation and Nacro.
- Elisabeth Long - Elisabeth is a management consultant and PSU volunteer. She has extensive charity and volunteer experience including the Samaritans, school governor, and Council member of the Royal Institution.
- Greville Waterman - Greville is a magistrate and a PSU volunteer. He has a background in marketing and sponsorship and has extensive experience in advising charities and other organisations on fundraising and income generation strategies.
- David Wilkin - David is an Emeritus Professor of Health Services Research and a magistrate with extensive experience as a charity trustee in various non-executive roles, including as Chair of Manchester CAB.
Founder and Life President
- The Rt Hon Sir James Munby, President of the Family Division
- Systems and Information Manager – Karen Sng-Sugden
- Martin Lewis OBE
- The Rt Hon The Baroness Hale of Richmond, President of the Supreme Court
- The Rt Hon Sir Terence Etherton, Master of the Rolls
- The Rt Hon The Lady Butler-Sloss
- The Rt Hon The Lord Clarke of Stone-cum-Ebony
- The Rt Hon Lord Dyson
- The Rt Hon The Lord Neuberger
- The Rt Hon The Lord Phillips of Worth Matravers
- The Rt Hon The Lord Thomas
- The Rt Hon The Lord Woolf
- The Rt Hon The Lord Judge
Royal Courts of Justice Liaison Judge
- The Rt Hon Dame Sarah Asplin
The Litigant in Person Support Strategy
The Litigant in Person Support Strategy is a national partnership working together to improve the experience of people facing the legal process alone; by improving access to information, practical support, advice and representation. The partners are:
The Litigant in Person Support Strategy is funded by the Ministry of Justice and the Legal Education Foundation.