How we Help

Are you facing court without a lawyer? We can help at all stages of the court process.


What we do

We are a charity based in the court building. Volunteers provide free support in the civil and family courts and some tribunals, with issues such as contact with children, divorce, eviction and money claims.

 PSU volunteers can……

  • listen to you, and provide information and support
  • help you find out if you can get free legal advice
  • discuss settling issues without going to court
  • explain how the court works
  • help you fill in court forms and organise court papers
  • help you to plan what you want to say in court
  • go into court with you, take notes and help afterwards
  • provide details of other specialist agencies

Please note that we cannot give legal advice.

How to get help

Visit your local PSU. We can often help right away, or you can book an appointment. View our locations for your local PSU's contact and location information.

What our clients say