A one off donation helps people gain access to justice.
In 2016-17 PSU volunteers helped clients on a record 56,119 occasions, over one quarter of the total help we’ve provided since we started in 2001. Every donation helps to deliver our vital service to vulnerable people in the justice system. Here's the kind of difference your money could make:
- £300 could run a PSU for a day
- £215 covers a PSU volunteer's expenses for an entire year
- £25 enables a vulnerable individual to access support from a PSU volunteer
The service our PSU volunteers provide can have a huge impact on people experiencing an extremely difficult time in their life. You can read more about what your donation can do for people going through court alone here
Join the Friends Scheme to make sure a volunteer is always there.
The Friends of the PSU are a nationwide community, including PSU volunteers, legal professionals and local businesses. However our Friends may find us, they all share a dedication to social justice. Become a Friend by donating from £5 per month and in return:
- Receive personal updates on the impact of your support
- Have the opportunity to meet with volunteers, members of the Judiciary, and all of our supporters
- Be thanked as part of the Friends of the PSU in key communications
- Attend exclusive events
You can Join the Friends immediately by direct debit but we also have other ways to pay. If you would like to send a cheque, donate by standing order, or support us some other way, email email@example.com
Join the Carey Club to build a future where nobody faces court alone
Carey Club members support the PSU with a donation of £600 each year to help us increase PSU services in areas of deprivation, building our capacity and reaching more litigants in person. Special member benefits are:
- Regular updates from the CEO and Trustees.
- Receive the PSU's annual report and quarterly newsletter, so you can read how your donations transform lives.
- An invitation to visit one of our PSUs to see our work in action and meet our volunteers and staff.
- The opportunity to tell us what you think of the charity, so we can improve our service to meet the growing demand.
- Priority booking to our unique and exclusive social events throughout the year.
- An invitation to our annual Carey Club drinks reception with Trustees and Patrons of the PSU.