We are looking for volunteers to join our Friends Committees, to help us expand our Friends of the PSU scheme across the nation.
The Friends of the PSU scheme raises around £24,000 every year. Members of the scheme, known as Friends, commit to supporting the charity through regular donations, and in return, receive updates about the PSU and access to special Friends’ events.
What is a Friends’ Committee?
The Friends’ Committee is responsible for organising local events for the Friends of the PSU as part of their annual subscription. The events:
- offer the opportunity for Friends to come together
- engage new potential donors and supporters
- raise awareness of the vital work of the PSU
Every year at least two Friends’ events are organised for the Friends, such as musical evenings, talks, interviews, auctions and drinks receptions. Working alongside the Friends Fundraiser, you will help to raise money, and awareness of PSU’s work supporting vulnerable people facing court alone.
Opportunities and benefits from joining your local Friends’ Committee
By becoming a PSU Friends’ Committee member, you will:
- make a positive impact in your local community and help support people facing court alone
- gain skills and experience to take forward for future committees
- have the opportunity to network with people from different sectors and backgrounds
- acquire further skills in fundraising, marketing, event management, networking, persuasive writing and volunteering
- receive regular updates from the PSU and opportunities to visit your local units You will be asked to attend approximately 6 meetings per year (about once every 2 months).
How to get involved
If you would like to join your local Friends’ Committee or have any questions, contact us via email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone, 020 7073 1703.